If your child is between 9 and 18 months, our research needs you! Screen your child for communication delay today.
How can you screen for a communication delay in a child who can’t talk yet?
- Infants and toddlers can be screened for skills that develop before children learn to talk, such as gestures, sounds, and actions with objects used in play.
- Our online screening tool, the Social Communication CheckUp, also known as the Smart Early Screening for Autism and Communication Disorders (Smart ESAC), is designed as a universal screen based on parent report.
- You will view a brief video before screening that explains the Smart ESAC and our Parent Portal.
All families screened with the Smart ESAC will have access to their child’s results and much more on our Parent Portal.
- Free access to the Social Communication Growth Charts.
- Screening reports & invitations to rescreen every 3-6 months.
- Links to resources in our Seamless Path for Families tailored to screening results.
- If your child’s screening result shows a risk for autism, you will be invited to Autism Navigator courses and tools.