How can you screen for a communication delay in a child who can’t talk yet?
- Infants and toddlers can be screened for skills that develop before children learn to talk, such as gestures, sounds, and actions with objects used in play.
- The Smart Early Screening for Autism and Communication Disorders (Smart ESAC) is a new online screening tool designed as a universal screen based on parent report.
- You will view a brief video before screening that explains the Smart ESAC and our Parent Portal.
All families screened with the Smart ESAC will have access to your child’s results and much more on our Parent Portal.
- Free access to the Social Communication Growth Charts.
- Screening reports & invitations to rescreen every 3-6 months.
- Links to resources in our Seamless Path for Families tailored to screening results.
- Monthly online check-ins to monitor next steps for your child.
- Invite your doctor or other service providers to view your portal to help build your care team to support you and your child.
- If your child’s screening result shows a risk for autism, you will be invited to Autism Navigator courses and tools.